Nina Laine Folegatti
May 9, 2014
12:43 PM
7 lbs. 7 oz.
18 inches
My due date of May 5th came and went (much to my dismay!). I was so hoping that our 3rd precious blessing would be here by Cinco de Mayo. But, Nina had plans of her own! After several doctors appointments we made the decision to be induced on Friday, May 9th. I had been having pretty active labor for 2 full days and was so ready to hold her in my arms.
This delivery was very different from my other 2 since I went into labor on my own and had both Lara and Mari naturally without any medication.
We went into the hospital on Friday morning at 6am. This was a much more pleasant drive to the hospital than the other two ;-) I had time to take a nice shower, get ready, and Lucas and I had a nice, relaxed conversation on the way to the hospital. We went up, checked in and waited for my amazing friend Jenny to call us back. I got hooked up to the pitocin, then my Doctor came in and broke my water. I decided to get an epidural and Nina was born a short time later (and smaller than either of the others... go figure!!)
I was a little disappointed that I had to have so many interventions for Nina to make her arrival, but looking back on it, I'm very glad that everything happened exactly how it happened. God put everything together just how it was supposed to be. My awesome friend Jenny (who just had a baby 6 weeks ago) was able to come be my nurse since her husband was off of work to watch her kids for the day. My Doctor was actually on call that day, and the best anesthesiologist was on that day. I'm thankful that I decided to get the epidural this time since Nina's umbilical cord was wrapped tightly around her neck. The doctor was great about it and handled everything calmly and quickly.
So glad to have her in my arms and that she gets to share a birthday with her cousin Melissa and her Great, Great Aunt Linda! :-)
We had such a hard time picking out Mari's name that I was dreading picking out a name for a THIRD girl, but we actually decided on it pretty easily! We had an L and M four letter name, so an N 4 letter name was a good fit! Both of the other girls' middle names were after a family member, so we decided to name Nina after my Grandma and Mom (Their middle names are Delaine). We wanted to stick with a 5 letter middle name for her too, so we just shortened it to Laine. Now none of the girls can say that they were left out ;-)
We are already over the moon for our little Nina Laine!
![]() |
| Daddy gave her her first bath! :-) |
![]() |
| Can't believe this amazing man is the father of THREE girls! :-) Love him so! |









Post a Comment