Uh oh! Lara is 9 months old now and I haven't updated since she turned 8 months old!!! Don't worry I'll be flooding the blog with new posts soon. Things have been crazy around our house lately between busy work days, changing day cares, a little bit of sickness, traveling and visiting grandparents!
Stats from her 9 month appointment:
Weight: 20 lbs 10 oz (80%)
Height: 27.5 inches (47%)
The doctor and I both agreed that we didn't think this height was correct. But we forgot to remeasure.
She got a good report, but we did find out that her iron count is low, so we'll have to start giving her an iron supplement.
Here is what's happened in the last month! (I'll add the picture when I get a chance!):
* Lara still has 2 teeth.
* Lara has taken a couple of steps several times, although she prefers speed crawling and speed cruising to walking :-)
* Lara's getting much better eating solids now! This month we haven't tried too many new things, but she is getting better at the things that we have already tried! We did add green beans, nectarines, apricots and pears to the menu! The doctor did give us the go ahead to basically feed her anything that we wanted (including peanut butter and cow's milk!) So I'm sure we will be adding to the menu this month!
* She is now a pointing machine! She wants to see and point at everything around her! She is such a curious little girl! I love it!
* When we ask, "Where's Hailey?" or "Where's Daddy?" She will point to who I asked. Although she has no idea what "Where's Mommy?" means. Haha - Oh well!
* She waves Bye most of the time now.
* She give hugs and kisses to Lucas and I when she feels like it. When she's in the mood she can be so Sweet!
* Lara loves bath time! She has learned to do big Splashes in the bath. We have to wipe down the whole bathroom when she's done, but at least she's having fun!
* Lara's favorite thing this month is books! She will choose books over any of the toys in her toy basket. Her favorite is definitely "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" that her Aunt Charlene gave her. She wants to read it over and over. She even turns the page for me! :-)
* We switched Lara's daycare this last week. We became unhappy with the previous school, so we decided it was time for a change! So far we like it!
* Granna and Granpa (My parents) Came to visit for a week to help take care of Lara while we were transitioning to the new School. Thanks guys! We really appreciate it!


Post a Comment