We set off for Lara's first trip to Texas! We knew it was going to be a long trip, and we weren't sure how well Lara was going to do, especially since she is so mobile now and not a fan of being strapped in. So, 13+ hours strapped in the car did not seem like a good thing, but she did surprisingly well!
We decided to break the trip into 2 days. We left after work and arrived in Louisiana around 1:00 AM. This worked out pretty well, since the majority of the trip was after Lara's bedtime! We stayed with my Aunt Carol & Uncle Billy. Lara woke up when we arrived, but much to my surprise went back to bed in the pack and play without a peep! My perfect little girl :-)
We hung around a little the next morning and then headed off on the second half of the trip to Waco. Lara was very glad to see her Granna & Granpa, and we were excited to see all of the remodels that they had done! We relaxed that night and into the next day, and then Lucas headed off to College Station for our friend Josh's Bachelor Party. Mom was planning to take Lara and I to College Station the next day to meet back with Lucas.
Lucas and I then headed on to my friend Krissy's house. She lives in Houston (where the wedding was) but if course not very close! But, it was good to see her none the less! Plus we got to eat some Panda Express! Yummy! I sure do with we had one of those in Huntsville! We visited for a little and then we had to drive a little over an hour to get to the rehearsal. Lara and I played in the back of the church, then it was off to the Rehearsal Dinner at Hasta la Pasta... What a name! ha! It was good and good to see some old friends! After the rehearsal dinner (and WAY past Lara's bedtime) we headed back to Krissy's house to stay the night. Krissy and I stayed up late talking, and Lucas and Lara went to bed!
In the morning we got up and got ready, then headed to meet my friend Randa for breakfast! It is always SO good to see her! I wish we lived closer and could get together more often! Well, Lucas had to be at the Reception place at 12:00, so we didn't get a chance to go visit anyone else... :-(
Here is Randa and Lara (it was so humid that the lens fogged up... I didn't realize until it was too late, so this is the best picture I got :-(
Me, Randa, & Lara
My parents were planning on coming in for the wedding, so the plan was that Lucas would drop me and Lara off at the galleria and then my parents would meet me there. Well, when we were almost there, I realized that our plan wasn't going to work, because I couldn't lug the carseat around with me all over the mall! So we headed to the reception place and my parents ended up meeting us there. We then went to an outlet mall there and walked around and bought a few cute things for Lara! I love shopping for her!
Lara looking at the big fish in the Bass Pro Shop!
We left the mall and went over to a hotel to get changed for the wedding, the we headed over to the wedding!


Post a Comment