On April 8, we set off for Nashville, with too much luggage and Lara in tow! Hailey was staying with our friends Scott & Ruthanne and their boys Lincoln & Carter (This is Hailey's favorite place to stay!) I was very anxious about the trip. Lara's first time on a plane, going out of the country and meeting her whole Brazilian side of the family! I was afraid it would be too overwhelming for her (and for me!) but everything turned out great! And she did better than I ever could have imagine!
We drove to Nashville, about a 2 hours drive, and visited with my Aunt Glenda & Uncle Kenneth for a while. This was their first time meeting Lara, so we had a great time! We took them out to eat at Chili's and then they drove us to the Airport. Thank you guys!
Here is Lara and I waiting in the airport. Having this carrier was SO nice for the trip!
Watching the planes take off!
She fell asleep like this! Ha!
Anyways, here is Lara snoozing in the sling before we got on the plane to go to Houston.
Lara woke up as soon as we got on the plane!
She was mesmerized by the air vent that was blowing air in her face! It was so funny to watch her! What a cutie!
We flew from Nashville to Houston. We were supposed to have a short layover and then on to our long flight to Sao Paulo. Well, when we got to the gate, it showed that the flight was delayed an hour... Boo... this meant an even later bedtime for Lara... At least we had time to eat at Panda Express! Oh how I wish we had one of those in Huntsville!
Anyways, we got on the plane and promptly asked for the bassinet that hooks to the wall so that Lara could go to sleep. (This is the most fabulous invention ever by the way!) Well, the flight attendants informed us that we couldn't hook it up until after we took off. Once we were airborne, we asked again for the bed for the extremely tired 3 month old baby that was about to get REALLY fussy... they then informed us that they would have to wait until the pilot turned off the fasten seat belt sign before they could hook it up... About 30 minutes later, fasten seat belt sign is still on and still no bed for Lara... We asked yet again and they said that now it was too late and they would have to serve dinner first. So, we were then trying to both eat dinner while holding tired, fussy Lara. Let's just say this mommy started to get mad, and against Lucas' judgement, I decided to give the flight attendant a piece of my mind. I've been told I was rude, but I don't care, Lara was tired and crying and I just wanted her to get a bed!!!! Well, after I let my opinion be known, that bed was up in about 30 seconds ;-) Lara slept the whole rest of the flight!!!! Yay! :-)
Here is Lara's make-shift bed! We put blankets over the top to make her "think" that it was dark. It must have worked because she slept from about 11:30-7:00! Yay!
Waking up!
I'm glad to know that at least one of us got some sleep on the long flight! (Hint: it wasn't me!)
We have arrived!!!!! Here we are in the airport in Sao Paulo! Love this picture, even if we do look a little scary since we had been traveling already for 20+ hours!
One happy Grandpa! He hadn't seen Lara since she was 2 weeks old! How much she has changed since then!
On the way to Lucas' parents NEW house!!! We were so excited to get to see it!
Lara says, "Seriously mom, are you really going to make me travel MORE?!" We had a 2 hours drive from Sao Paulo to Piracicaba.
She fell asleep in about 2 minutes... :-)
We stopped by the university to call my parents to let them know we had made it safely, since Lucas' parents didn't have internet at the new house yet.
Here is Lara in her Grandpa's office!
More pictures to come, but here were a few to hold those of you who have been asking over! :-)
We drove to Nashville, about a 2 hours drive, and visited with my Aunt Glenda & Uncle Kenneth for a while. This was their first time meeting Lara, so we had a great time! We took them out to eat at Chili's and then they drove us to the Airport. Thank you guys!
Here is Lara and I waiting in the airport. Having this carrier was SO nice for the trip!
Watching the planes take off!
She fell asleep like this! Ha!
Anyways, here is Lara snoozing in the sling before we got on the plane to go to Houston.
Lara woke up as soon as we got on the plane!
She was mesmerized by the air vent that was blowing air in her face! It was so funny to watch her! What a cutie!
We flew from Nashville to Houston. We were supposed to have a short layover and then on to our long flight to Sao Paulo. Well, when we got to the gate, it showed that the flight was delayed an hour... Boo... this meant an even later bedtime for Lara... At least we had time to eat at Panda Express! Oh how I wish we had one of those in Huntsville!
Anyways, we got on the plane and promptly asked for the bassinet that hooks to the wall so that Lara could go to sleep. (This is the most fabulous invention ever by the way!) Well, the flight attendants informed us that we couldn't hook it up until after we took off. Once we were airborne, we asked again for the bed for the extremely tired 3 month old baby that was about to get REALLY fussy... they then informed us that they would have to wait until the pilot turned off the fasten seat belt sign before they could hook it up... About 30 minutes later, fasten seat belt sign is still on and still no bed for Lara... We asked yet again and they said that now it was too late and they would have to serve dinner first. So, we were then trying to both eat dinner while holding tired, fussy Lara. Let's just say this mommy started to get mad, and against Lucas' judgement, I decided to give the flight attendant a piece of my mind. I've been told I was rude, but I don't care, Lara was tired and crying and I just wanted her to get a bed!!!! Well, after I let my opinion be known, that bed was up in about 30 seconds ;-) Lara slept the whole rest of the flight!!!! Yay! :-)
Here is Lara's make-shift bed! We put blankets over the top to make her "think" that it was dark. It must have worked because she slept from about 11:30-7:00! Yay!
Waking up!
I'm glad to know that at least one of us got some sleep on the long flight! (Hint: it wasn't me!)
We have arrived!!!!! Here we are in the airport in Sao Paulo! Love this picture, even if we do look a little scary since we had been traveling already for 20+ hours!
One happy Grandpa! He hadn't seen Lara since she was 2 weeks old! How much she has changed since then!
On the way to Lucas' parents NEW house!!! We were so excited to get to see it!
Lara says, "Seriously mom, are you really going to make me travel MORE?!" We had a 2 hours drive from Sao Paulo to Piracicaba.
She fell asleep in about 2 minutes... :-)
We stopped by the university to call my parents to let them know we had made it safely, since Lucas' parents didn't have internet at the new house yet.
Here is Lara in her Grandpa's office!
More pictures to come, but here were a few to hold those of you who have been asking over! :-)


Post a Comment