Lara turned 4 months old while we were on our trip to Brazil (I'll post pictures soon...) She has gotten so big and is doing so many new things. I think she learns something new every day!
We went for her 4 month check up on Wednesday and she only had to get 2 shots this time and an oral vaccine which she did not want any part of... hopefully enough of it got in her mouth to work... but most of it ended up being spit out and was all down her face and neck... Oh well...
She weighed 15 pounds (75%) and was 26 inches long (95%) - She's grown 7 inches since she was born and almost doubled her birth weight!!!! Crazy... So now she is tall with blue eyes (although I still think they are going to turn brown...) Where did she come from?! haha! :-) The doctor said that she looked great though and was impressed with her motor skills!
Here's what Lara is doing at 4 months:
* She can roll from her back to her stomach very quickly now. She can also roll the other way, but prefers to be on her stomach so she usually doesn't.
* Her favorite toy is now her exersaucer. She loves it, and it will keep her entertained for 20 minutes or more. She can grab all of the toys and hit most of the buttons. She gets so proud of herself when she makes the music go!
* She is still sleeping 9-10 hours at night (YAY!) and eats every 4 hours during the day - we have decided not to start her on solid foods yet since she is doing so well with just milk.
* She loves faces now and is always reaching for our nose, ears or mouth, but we have to be careful because she is also discovering that she has fingernails and likes to dig them into your skin... I hope she gets over that soon! ha! I also had to cut my hair recently because she has started pulling!
* She is really laughing now. It is just the cutest thing and makes me laugh more and more every time I hear it!
* Lara is also starting to sit by herself. If she wants to, she can sit about a minute or two by herself without me holding her, but I have to be close by, because when she gets tired, she is done and will fall over quickly!
* She is getting better and better at scooting towards her toys. She is definitely not crawling, but when she is on the floor she can usually get to the toy she wants if it's not too far away.
* And, as always, she is wanting to stand up and "walk" all the time... she is getting more and more stable every day! I keep telling her to slow down because I am NOT ready for her to be that mobile yet!
I can't believe how much she has changed this last month! It's just crazy!
I'll post her 4 month leaf picture soon!


Awww! MUST SEE PICS!