Oops! Forgot to post this at 8 months... wow has she changed! Anyways, here it is ;-)
How are you possibly already 8 months old sweet girl?!
I have not done well with keeping up with what Mari is doing month to month... sorry second child!!!
Here are a few things we are up to lately!
* Teeth: 0! Can you believe it? I feel like she has been teething for months and still nothing to show for it!
* She weighs about 19 pounds!
* She nurses 4 times a day and usually has a little solid food for dinner with us. We are planning on starting solids at lunch time too soon.
* She's still a pretty good sleeper, but daylight savings time has given us a bit of a headache. She has been waking up about an hour earlier than normal lately, and several times a night since she's been sick this week! I'm feeling a little like I have a newborn again! Eeek!
* She has almost mastered crawling. She gets up on her hands and knees, kicks her feet like a crazy person and plops back down. She does move amazingly fast this way! :-) I cannot walk out of the room anymore and expect her to still be in the same place when I get back... She's getting better everyday! Lara is realizing that nothing is safe anymore! Ha!
* Mari is still pretty much the sweetest, happiest baby around. But, when she doesn't get her way, oh my, she has an opinion, and a LOUD one! :-) Thankfully that doesn't come out too often unless she's really tired or hungry!
* Mari LOVES her sister and her sister loves her! It has been so fun to watch and listen to them play now that Mari is mobile. Lara is having fun having a playmate to make food for and read books to, and I'm pretty sure Mari is excited to have so much of Lara's attention!
* She has FINALLY gotten used to the carseat, and doesn't scream like we're killing her every time we put her in it. It still happens sometimes, but not NEAR as much! Yaaaay!
* Mari is finally getting the hang of eating solids. We had a rough start. She would gag on anything I put in her mouth, and then throw-up. It was pleasant ;-) Thankfully we are pretty excited about food these days. She likes peas, carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, avocados, bananas, applesauce and the occasional handful of bread that she gets. We started on a few finger foods like cheerios, rice, little things like that. She likes anything she can do on her own!
* Mari did get sick for the first time just this week. I'm pretty excited that she made it to almost 8 months without getting sick, but I sure do hate seeing my sweet girl sick... She's on her first round of Antibiotics right now.
* She pretty much loves to play with anything she can get to, but her favorite things right now are her Baby Einstein radio that Lara picked out for her before she was born, and her Peek-a-boo book that Granna gave her for Halloween.
* Her favorite time of the day is bath time and music time!
* She "talks" nonstop! Her favorite sounds are ba, la, da and of course mamamamama! :-) As well as blow raspberries right in my face or when I'm putting food in her mouth! ha!
* She has started shaking her head no and yes. It is too cute!!
* Mari loves to give me sweet kisses and then she either head butts me or grabs whatever skin she can find and pinches as hard as humanly possible... ha!
* She has the cutest laugh and laughs mostly at her sister!
How are you possibly already 8 months old sweet girl?!
I have not done well with keeping up with what Mari is doing month to month... sorry second child!!!
Here are a few things we are up to lately!
* Teeth: 0! Can you believe it? I feel like she has been teething for months and still nothing to show for it!
* She weighs about 19 pounds!
* She nurses 4 times a day and usually has a little solid food for dinner with us. We are planning on starting solids at lunch time too soon.
* She's still a pretty good sleeper, but daylight savings time has given us a bit of a headache. She has been waking up about an hour earlier than normal lately, and several times a night since she's been sick this week! I'm feeling a little like I have a newborn again! Eeek!
* She has almost mastered crawling. She gets up on her hands and knees, kicks her feet like a crazy person and plops back down. She does move amazingly fast this way! :-) I cannot walk out of the room anymore and expect her to still be in the same place when I get back... She's getting better everyday! Lara is realizing that nothing is safe anymore! Ha!
* Mari is still pretty much the sweetest, happiest baby around. But, when she doesn't get her way, oh my, she has an opinion, and a LOUD one! :-) Thankfully that doesn't come out too often unless she's really tired or hungry!
* Mari LOVES her sister and her sister loves her! It has been so fun to watch and listen to them play now that Mari is mobile. Lara is having fun having a playmate to make food for and read books to, and I'm pretty sure Mari is excited to have so much of Lara's attention!
* She has FINALLY gotten used to the carseat, and doesn't scream like we're killing her every time we put her in it. It still happens sometimes, but not NEAR as much! Yaaaay!
* Mari is finally getting the hang of eating solids. We had a rough start. She would gag on anything I put in her mouth, and then throw-up. It was pleasant ;-) Thankfully we are pretty excited about food these days. She likes peas, carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, avocados, bananas, applesauce and the occasional handful of bread that she gets. We started on a few finger foods like cheerios, rice, little things like that. She likes anything she can do on her own!
* Mari did get sick for the first time just this week. I'm pretty excited that she made it to almost 8 months without getting sick, but I sure do hate seeing my sweet girl sick... She's on her first round of Antibiotics right now.
* She pretty much loves to play with anything she can get to, but her favorite things right now are her Baby Einstein radio that Lara picked out for her before she was born, and her Peek-a-boo book that Granna gave her for Halloween.
* Her favorite time of the day is bath time and music time!
* She "talks" nonstop! Her favorite sounds are ba, la, da and of course mamamamama! :-) As well as blow raspberries right in my face or when I'm putting food in her mouth! ha!
* She has started shaking her head no and yes. It is too cute!!
* Mari loves to give me sweet kisses and then she either head butts me or grabs whatever skin she can find and pinches as hard as humanly possible... ha!
* She has the cutest laugh and laughs mostly at her sister!


Post a Comment