Here are just a few of the fun things she is doing at 20 months! I'm sure I've said it before, but I am really loving this age!
• 14-15 teeth (one is just barely through) :-)
• Lara is obsessed with finding tractors, purple cars and big, white trucks right now! Ha! There is a lot of construction going on on our way to school everyday, and she likes to see the big trucks (I guess most of them are white), but the purple cars, I have no idea, but let me tell you, she gets VERY excited when we happen to see one! ;-)
• She is really starting to "mother" her babies. She wants to carry them around (usually by the foot), but she will be gentle with them sometimes. But usually she just throws the baby on the ground, says, "baby, nap, blanket" then proceeds to pat (very firmly) baby's back :-)
• She LOVES to sing the ABC song. Her version right now goes like this, "ABCDEFGH,Q,WX,YZ, knowABCs" :-) Love it!
• Her vocabulary has continued to expand like crazy and she knows the name of pretty much everything now! So amazing! It is so fun to watch her put "sentences" together! She's getting really good at stringing words together to get her point across. She talks our ear off most days! :-) I love it!
• Some of the funny things she says right now are:
"Daddy, medicine" (Lucas takes his vitamins every morning with breakfast, she will never let him forget!!),
"hold you, no hold me!" (She knows she's supposed to say hold me, but she still goes back to hold you almost everytime!)
"copter" (helicopter)
"Yay boomboom" (she is really afraid of thunder, so we've tried to make it more fun, but she'll run full speed to us, scared to death, yelling yaaaaay boomboom! I don't think she gets it ;-)
"How FUN!"
"Yes ma'am/No ma'am"
"Rock, Rock baby!" (She thinks that every chair should rock, I can't say that I disagree!!)
"Graaaaaapes! Cut Mommy!" (This girl is LOVING grapes right now, but she always wants them cut in half ;-)
• Everytime we see/hear an airplane Lara says, "Airplane!! Vovo, home!" She had a great time having her grandma here, and still asks about her almost everyday, so I started saying that she went home on an airplane to Brazil :-)
• When we say count to three Lara will say "One, Two, Tree!" then as we count to 10 she'll say 6, 7, 8 and 10 at the right place. She'll be counting to 10 by herself before I know it!
• She started calling me "Mommy" this month. I still can't get used to it!! She has called me Momma for so long, that it's just weird!
• She's getting really good at comparisons. She likes to tell me what things are little/big, new/old, dirty/clean. (ex. little dog, big potty, old cup, new milk, dirty feet)
• She is becoming the queen of silly faces/noises! She really knows how to keep us laughing :-)
• We were doing great with potty training at home (we were almost accident free!!!) but we decided to take a break since they aren't taking her consistently at school. I think she was starting to get confused... She'll be moving up to the next class at the end of this month, where they work on potty training, so we'll probably start again then! Although she still tells us when she needs to go most of the time (but usually when she's doing it!) I'll ask her if she's supposed to go TT on Elmo (what she calls her diaper) and she always shakes her head and says, "No ma'am! Potty!!" So funny!
• Lara is still a great helper. She really likes to help me "fold" the laundry and unload the dishwasher. It took a while for her to understand the concept that we only take the silverware out when they're clean. So now she always asks me "dirty?!" before she takes things out.
• She always wants to know where everyone is at all times! Our trips home from school usually consist of her saying the names of everyone that she knows, and expecting me to tell her where they are, every...single... day... more than once! :-)
Lara: "Daddy, home!?"
Me: "No, Daddy's at work."
L: "Hailey, home?"
Me: "Yep, Hailey's at home!"
L: "Vovo, airplane?"
Me: "Yes, Vovo went home on an Airplane to Brazil."
L: "Granna, Granpa, Lila, Amos, Jenny, Dawson, Pam, Barry, Ray-Ray, Lydia, Stacey, John, Griffin, Dean, Luke, Lucas, Chloe........" (If you made the list you must be pretty important in her mind! ;-)
• She is starting to tell me what she did at school now. It's so cute. Usually our conversation goes like this:
Me: What did you do at school today?
L: "mmmm... Play!!! mmmm... paint, feet brown! mmmm... color paper! mmmmm... friends!... mmmm... eat! mmmmm.... nap, blanket!" :-)
(mmmm.... is what she is saying when she's thinking. cracks me up!)
• Lara is moving up to the "big kid" (2 yr old) class next week! I'm excited about the move and think she is ready! In this class they drink from regular cups (not sippy's) and start potty training! I think she is going to LOVE it!
• Lara is moving up to the "big kid" (2 yr old) class next week! I'm excited about the move and think she is ready! In this class they drink from regular cups (not sippy's) and start potty training! I think she is going to LOVE it!
• Lara still gives the sweetest hugs and kisses! I know it's hard to believe, but I love her more every day!


I loved hearing about all the new things she's doing! She is such a funny girl and sooooo smart!!