Well, I guess I missed the 13 month post... Oh well! Here we are at 14 months! I can't believe Lara can possibly be that old! (Do I say that every month?!)
She is learning really fast and her language skills are really starting to pick up!
Here are some highlights from the last two months:
• Lara has 6 teeth – 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom. She really needs to work on getting some more teeth... it's proving difficult to eat toddler foods when she doesn't have any molars! ha!
• Lara learned a lot of new signs this month and improved on the ones that she already knows. It is so nice to have this tool for communicating with her!! She added ‘thank you’, ‘baby’, ‘cracker’, and ‘juice’ to her signing vocabulary!
• Lara can show what a fish says when asked in either English or Portuguese (or when she wants to eat her goldfish) She can also say what a dog, duck, monkey and sometimes a cow says. She's getting really good at identifying animals in her book now too!
• She has really picked up on identifying her body parts this month! She can now show me where her belly button (her favorite!), head, hair, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, tongue, knees, hands, fingers, toes and feet are! My smart girl! We just need to learn shoulders and we can sing my favorite song! Head, and shoulders knees and toes! :-)
• Her favorite book is her Goodnight Kisses Book that her Grammy and Papa got her (she wants to read it at least 30 times a day, seriously – After a while I have to find a hiding place for it!)
• Her favorite toy is her blocks that Levi and Ashley got her! They squeak and she thinks it's really funny to knock them down... over and over! so cute!
• Her vocabulary has really picked up this month and I can tell that she is really saying real words! So exciting! She can say Da-deeee (her favorite), Hailey, Hi, Bye, Book, Juice, Duck, More, Quack Quack, Cheese (this one cracks me up!), and Tank-you.
• We bought her a potty a couple of months ago, and had great success with her going on it for a couple of weeks then she decided she didn't want to anymore... she's really young, so we'll try again in a month or two! They are still working on it at school and she will go occasionally on the potty!
• She moved up to the next class at school and has really been thriving in there. She is getting really good at using a spoon and is sleeping really well on the cot! (which I find hard to believe! Ha!)
• We had a fabulous trip to Brazil - as you can see from the previous like 25 posts! Ha! She has now been to Brazil 2 times as well as to the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, and Washington D.C. I'd say that isn't too bad for a 1 year old! :-)


She's such a big girl, and so beautiful, too! And so smart!! Aw! I miss her!