Well, I knew it had to happen sometime... But I was hoping that we would make it a little longer than 12 weeks before she got sick!
On Friday night I noticed that Lara had a little cough, but didn't think much of it, then Saturday she started coughing a little more, but wasn't acting like she was feeling bad, and wasn't running and fever, so Mom and I decided to go shopping at Bridgestreet here in town and got Lara a couple of really cute outfits for our trip to Brazil and the Summer. On Sunday Lara started acting a little more like she wasn't feeling good and was running a low fever so we decided that if she wasn't better in the morning we would head to the doctor.
Well, she was worse on Monday and I could feel her "purring" when she was breathing so I knew it was definitely time to go in. Well, as I had feared she tested positive for RSV and also had brochiolitis (between bronchitis and pneumonia.) Thankfully they were able to do a breathing treatment in the office which seemed to make a big difference. We were told to do breathing treatments at home every 6 hours for 4 days, then we cut it down to 2x a day for the rest of the week and then 1x per day for the week after... I feel like she is a newborn again! We do a treatment at midnight, then we have to get up and try to do the treatment again at 6am - she has actually slept through it every day so far except one! I find that amazing since the machine we borrowed from the doctor is VERY loud!
On Friday night I noticed that Lara had a little cough, but didn't think much of it, then Saturday she started coughing a little more, but wasn't acting like she was feeling bad, and wasn't running and fever, so Mom and I decided to go shopping at Bridgestreet here in town and got Lara a couple of really cute outfits for our trip to Brazil and the Summer. On Sunday Lara started acting a little more like she wasn't feeling good and was running a low fever so we decided that if she wasn't better in the morning we would head to the doctor.
Well, she was worse on Monday and I could feel her "purring" when she was breathing so I knew it was definitely time to go in. Well, as I had feared she tested positive for RSV and also had brochiolitis (between bronchitis and pneumonia.) Thankfully they were able to do a breathing treatment in the office which seemed to make a big difference. We were told to do breathing treatments at home every 6 hours for 4 days, then we cut it down to 2x a day for the rest of the week and then 1x per day for the week after... I feel like she is a newborn again! We do a treatment at midnight, then we have to get up and try to do the treatment again at 6am - she has actually slept through it every day so far except one! I find that amazing since the machine we borrowed from the doctor is VERY loud!
Sick Lara = Sad Mommy!
She has been such a trooper! Even though I can tell that she is not quite herself, she has still be smiling and not very fussy at all! We are so blessed to have such a good baby, even when she's sick!
One of MANY breathing treatments! She doesn't seem to mind - Here she is giving me a little grin!
Please keep us in your prayers! We are hoping that the treatments continue working and that she will be back to herself as soon as possible!


Checking your blog for the first time...LOVE IT!!! I did not know Lara has been sick!! I'm so sorry! Did this happen after she came and babysat our boys? That makes me want to SCREAM! If we gave her sick germs we are SO SORRY! Her immune system is on its way to FULL MATURITY now!
Love you guys -
Ruthie