I can't believe my sweet little girl is 1 month old! Time has really flown by!
We don't go back to the doctor until 2 months, so I don't have any stats, but I know that she is growing a ton! She has now grown out of almost all of her newborn clothes, especially the ones with feet. She is fitting better in her 0-3 month clothes every day! I have enjoyed every minute with her so far, and am excited about each new thing that she does, but I just feel like she is growing up way too fast!
1 month old:
* Starting to smile
* Coos and "talks" more every day
* Eats every 3 hours during the day
* Longest nighttime stretch is 7.5 hours (I am very thankful that she likes to sleep!)
* Takes naps in her own bed with very little crying!
* Is discovering her hands (and liking them more than her pacifier...)
* Tolerates Tummy time and is starting to try to roll over
* Favorite Toy - Play gym that came with her exersaucer
Here is Lara at 1 month on her leaf. Hopefully we can compare each month. Too bad we don't have one from when we first got home from the hospital!
Getting stronger every day!
Lara LOVES her daddy! Look what a big girl she is sitting up with Daddy
We have both learned a lot this first month! I don't think either of us were prepared for exactly what it would mean to be a parent... but who really is? We've learned how to become diaper changing pros and how to laugh when she has explosive bowel movements... ok maybe we're still working on the laughing part... We're learning that the size of a person does not coincide with the amount of laundry that needs to be done... But most of all, I realize more every day how truly amazing God is. I sit and look at her and am in awe of how perfectly she was created. We could not have asked for a better gift!
Happy 1 month birthday little Lara!
We don't go back to the doctor until 2 months, so I don't have any stats, but I know that she is growing a ton! She has now grown out of almost all of her newborn clothes, especially the ones with feet. She is fitting better in her 0-3 month clothes every day! I have enjoyed every minute with her so far, and am excited about each new thing that she does, but I just feel like she is growing up way too fast!
1 month old:
* Starting to smile
* Coos and "talks" more every day
* Eats every 3 hours during the day
* Longest nighttime stretch is 7.5 hours (I am very thankful that she likes to sleep!)
* Takes naps in her own bed with very little crying!
* Is discovering her hands (and liking them more than her pacifier...)
* Tolerates Tummy time and is starting to try to roll over
* Favorite Toy - Play gym that came with her exersaucer
Here is Lara at 1 month on her leaf. Hopefully we can compare each month. Too bad we don't have one from when we first got home from the hospital!
Getting stronger every day!
Lara LOVES her daddy! Look what a big girl she is sitting up with Daddy
We have both learned a lot this first month! I don't think either of us were prepared for exactly what it would mean to be a parent... but who really is? We've learned how to become diaper changing pros and how to laugh when she has explosive bowel movements... ok maybe we're still working on the laughing part... We're learning that the size of a person does not coincide with the amount of laundry that needs to be done... But most of all, I realize more every day how truly amazing God is. I sit and look at her and am in awe of how perfectly she was created. We could not have asked for a better gift!
Happy 1 month birthday little Lara!


That picture of Lara reminds me of some of Matt and Addie when she was a baby. Absolute the cutest, best, most precious thing ever.