Well, it was that time of year again for our annual trip to Texas! We had to miss the 4th of July family festivities this year because my good friend Karen was getting married, and unfortunately we couldn't take two weeks off of work, although I sure wish we could have!
We left on Saturday and made our 13 hour trek to Granbury to see Grammy and Papa before they left for the 4 month RV trip! It was so good to get to see them and chat for a while!
We left on Saturday and made our 13 hour trek to Granbury to see Grammy and Papa before they left for the 4 month RV trip! It was so good to get to see them and chat for a while!
Lucas and I with Grammy and Papa
Playing Dominoes... one of our favorite activities with Grammy and Papa
Hailey is worn out from all of the squirrel chasing! She almost got one this time!
Lake Granbury! One of my favorite places of all times... and where we got married more than 4 years ago! Such good memories!
On Sunday we headed down to Waco to spend the week with my parents. It was so hot the whole time that we were in Texas (about 105 every day!) I know I lived in Texas for 24 years, but it's amazing how quickly you can forget what it feels like to live in an oven! ha!
This is the best picture I could get... but it was HOT!!!
On Monday, mom and I went shopping for some Maternity clothes! I love shopping with mom as she always gives me her honest opinion! I found several cute things that won't make me feel too "frumpy" while I get bigger and bigger.... and bigger... Ha!
On Tuesday, I drove down to College Station to see my friend Krissy! We ate at Casa Ole and then went to Marble Slab! So many great college memories came flooding back! I sure do miss college sometimes, although we are really enjoying our new life in Alabama!
On Tuesday, I drove down to College Station to see my friend Krissy! We ate at Casa Ole and then went to Marble Slab! So many great college memories came flooding back! I sure do miss college sometimes, although we are really enjoying our new life in Alabama!
The famous A&M barn... I can't believe that next year will start Class of 2013! That makes me feel OLD!
One of my fav Mexican restaurants - Casa Ole
The best Green Sauce ever!
On Wednesday I got to go eat lunch with my old gymnastics coaches and my best gym buddy! It had been a couple of years since I had seen any of them, so it was great to catch up, and of course we had Mexican food! I couldn't get enough Texas Mexican food while we were home! SO much better than the Mexican food in Alabama! :-)
Later on Wednesday, my long time best friend Randa stopped by in waco on her way back to Huntsville, Tx. We chatted over coffee and then of course she insisted on buying me some baby things... I'm so glad that she stopped by!!!
On Thursday, we stayed inside for the most part because it was SO hot! It was nice to just have a day of relaxation... of course Lucas and dad spent most of the day playing the Wii... some car game, I'm not sure! Ha!
On Friday, we started the wedding festivities for Karen's wedding!
It was great to be home, and I'll make another post about Karen's wedding Fun!
Later on Wednesday, my long time best friend Randa stopped by in waco on her way back to Huntsville, Tx. We chatted over coffee and then of course she insisted on buying me some baby things... I'm so glad that she stopped by!!!
On Thursday, we stayed inside for the most part because it was SO hot! It was nice to just have a day of relaxation... of course Lucas and dad spent most of the day playing the Wii... some car game, I'm not sure! Ha!
On Friday, we started the wedding festivities for Karen's wedding!
It was great to be home, and I'll make another post about Karen's wedding Fun!


Post a Comment