Well, it has been over a month since I have posted anything on my blog! I can't believe it! The time is just flying by! It amazes me that December is already 2 weeks in!
My parents and grandparents are coming in next weekend to celebrate Christmas. Lucas and I won't be making the trek back to Texas this year, unfortunately because we are traveling to Brazil in January and don't have enough vacation... Welcome to the real world!!!! It will be great to celebrate Christmas with the family, but I am said that this is the first Christmas in my life that I am not going to get to spend with my Aunt and Uncle and cousin, Melissa. It just won't be the same without them!
The fam is arriving Thursday, December 18th and will stay through the weekend. I am hoping that we will get to travel up to Nashville to go to the Gaylord Opryland and see the ice sculptures, and maybe visit with my Aunt and Uncle Kenneth and Glenda.
Christmas soapbox: Christmas is my favorite time of the year. So many people see this time of the year as a time of stress, but I just can't imagine that! This is the time for family and friends, fun and food, love and joy, relaxation and fellowship. I think that the key to making Christmas the most memorable time of the year is remembering what the season is truly about. Maybe if everyone would just take the time to focus on the TRUE meaning of Christmas, rather than all the money that we "have" to spend, all of the gifts that we "have" to buy, and all of the food that we "have" to prepare, and just remember that this is a season for CELEBRATION. Just think where we would be without the love of Christ today, and just give thanks. I challenge everyone not to get caught up in the commercialism of Christmas this year, and truly make a celebration of the birth of Jesus. Maybe we can all take the tradition of one of my friends and sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus this year. Is that not enough reason to celebrate and put the worries of the world behind us!?
You are my freedom
Jesus you’re the reason
I’m kneeling again at Your throne
Where would I be without You
Here in my life?
~Love that song! :-)
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!
You are my freedom
Jesus you’re the reason
I’m kneeling again at Your throne
Where would I be without You
Here in my life?
~Love that song! :-)
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!! 

Post a Comment